/story/54659/what-lurks-in-the-woods?v=mobile
What Lurks in the Woods | Penana
arrow_back
What Lurks in the Woods
more_vert share bookmark_border
info_outline
format_color_text
toc
exposure_plus_1
coins
Search stories, writers or societies
Continue ReadingClear All
What Others Are ReadingRefresh
X
Never miss what's happening on Penana!
PG-13
Submission Closed
What Lurks in the Woods
_
Challengers:
Judging: Community Vote
Prompt Entries Comments (2)

Imagine that you / a character you made lives in a village or neighborhood near a forest. It is a mysterious forest that many people, over decades, seldom want to enter. Furthermore, there are legends about a creature (or creatures) that live in it. One day, the character decides to enter the woods for whatever reason (find a lost friend, hear about hidden treasure, etc. ) and runs into it/them, this mysterious creature(s). 

Is it a grotesque monster, responsible for the disappearances of some of your neighbor's loved ones, or is it a benevolent wisp that only wants to help?

What happens to them? Does it change their way of life? Do they gain powers? Are they given a new purpose in life that fate has given them?

Above are just a few examples of the possible outcomes. You can make up your own! You are only limited to your imagination. This can be medieval or modern. This can be horror, fantasy, etc. whatever genre you feel comfortable writing with is fine. 

You can write in either first or third person.

I can't wait to see what creative and fantastic pieces you all come up with!

Have fun!


Show Comments
BOOKMARK
Total Reading Time: 3 minutes
toc Entries
bookmark_border Bookmark Start Reading >
×


Reset to default

X
×
×

Install this webapp for easier offline reading: tap and then Add to home screen.