/story/54136/wings-of-freedom-prologue/toc?v=mobile&load=0
Wings of Freedom: Prologue | Penana
arrow_back
Wings of Freedom: Prologue
more_vert share bookmark_border file_download
info_outline
format_color_text
toc
exposure_plus_1
coins
Search stories, writers or societies
Continue ReadingClear All
What Others Are ReadingRefresh
X
Never miss what's happening on Penana!
PG-13
Completed
Wings of Freedom: Prologue
Alexander Stormsong
Intro Table of Contents Top sponsors Comments (2)

Life on Genesys was as it was for any other planet in its prime, prosperous. Society after countless wars over religion, philosophy, resources, revenge, et cetera... had come together in the name of peace. For thousands of years, this peace stood strong, all until the cataclysm. The Year, now known as 0 of the new calendar, a meteor of unknown size and origin struck the planet, and tore it asunder. Dust and storms blocked the light of Genesys's Mother Star for years, causing an extinction of much of the life on the world. The impact left a scar the size of a small country on the Southern Pole, though that was not all it did.

In the coming months it became evident that the impact had disrupted the Astral Forces of the planet, tearing its Celestial Energy in half. The outcome had robbed the planet of its life force and severely wounded it though that was not all. Portals began to appear, portals to the planet's other half... a darker half full of demons, monsters, and unknown evils. In no time at all these dark forces began to war and invade Genesys, driving humanity itself to near extinction. All had appeared lost until the arrival of two organizations, Light Tech Industries and the Revelations Project. Together under the name of the Holy Empire, they combated this darkness that threatened their world. While the war was not truly won, it gave humanity the chance to recover at long last.

Society rebuilt itself through famine and evil though quickly found itself against other problems, corruption. Many a person sought what the Holy Empire had brought, thus they began to start wars with more than the dark realm. For centuries this had remained the norm until finally all the kingdoms settled following much bloodshed. The Holy Kingdom remains atop the world, using its Revelations Project and highly skilled soldiers to maintain the peace; though for how much longer can this last?

Link to full cover: https://www.deviantart.com/frosted-sapphire/art/Wings-of-Freedom-Vol-1-Cover-818110409

Show Comments (1)
BOOKMARK
Total Reading Time: 1 hour 24 minutes
toc Table of Contents
bookmark_border Bookmark Start Reading >
×


Reset to default

X
×
×

Install this webapp for easier offline reading: tap and then Add to home screen.