/story/4089/madlands?v=mobile
MadLands | Penana
arrow_back
MadLands
more_vert share bookmark_border file_download
info_outline
format_color_text
toc
exposure_plus_1
coins
Search stories, writers or societies
Continue ReadingClear All
What Others Are ReadingRefresh
X
Never miss what's happening on Penana!
PG-13
Intro Table of Contents Top sponsors Comments (0)
The world's nations are locked in constant and violent battles and skirmishes after humanity is just beginning to expand its interests onto the rest of the universe and colonizing their first planet, rendering Mother Earth a sad afterthought as new republics and regimes are rising some 20 light years away. 

After a bombing run through a burning and charred Shanghai, on behalf of the U.S. interplanetary council for the atmospheric invasion of a U.S.I.C. Colonized world by Chinese immigrants who are, As a whole, running out of places to run to after China's economic collapse and failed attempt at conquering Japan and Russia in a desperate attempt to regain its status as an economic powerhouse. 

Rookie fighter pilot, James Marshall, is returning from his fifth bombing run in his two week employment, flying over the New York skyline in hopes of a nice warm meal and a made bed. The evening sky was a euphoric tinge of purple, red, and yellow, a sudden barrage of light, blues, purples, and greens exploded into brilliant fruition, seemingly tearing the sky apart. That's when it all changed. 

It was about time that mankind found a way to piss off someone, or something else, atmospheric invasion perhaps? Huh. Maybe we're not so different than the inhabitants of the universe. James fell out of the sky in a free fall, systems quickly disengaged he parachuted into the sky, which was changing colors and swarming with black dots around the brilliant lights like moths around a latern, falling to the streets of New York, nearly rubbing shoulders with the Empire State Building. 

The brilliant light soon began to implode just before James touched down on the street leading up to the Empire State Building, and the swarming black dots entered a free fall similar to James's F-15 jet which was now somewhere in Manhattan ablaze, the black dots fell to the earth, letting out a horrible and ear piercing scream as they fell with streams of black smoke following them. 

That 'twas the day mankind learned the universe didn't belong to them. They were foolish to think that they would reign over the universe with no resistance or interference. 

Show Comments
BOOKMARK
Total Reading Time: 2 minutes
toc Table of Contents
No tags yet.
bookmark_border Bookmark Start Reading >
×


Reset to default

X
×
×

Install this webapp for easier offline reading: tap and then Add to home screen.