/story/29054/starship-of-fools?v=mobile
Starship of Fools | Penana
arrow_back
Starship of Fools
more_vert share bookmark_border file_download
info_outline
format_color_text
toc
exposure_plus_1
coins
Search stories, writers or societies
Continue ReadingClear All
What Others Are ReadingRefresh
X
Never miss what's happening on Penana!
PG-13
Completed
Starship of Fools
Paul Robison
Intro Table of Contents Top sponsors Comments (0)

A Star Trek crossover with "Ship of Fools", a novel by Richard Paul Russo.
Where did they come from?  Where are they going?
For hundreds of years, the starship Enterprise, home to generations of humans, has wandered the galaxy, searching for signs of intelligent life.  Yet in all that time, there has been no evidence of an alien civilization.

Now the ship is in crisis. In fourteen years, it hasn't made a landfall due to one bad choice of star system after another.  With no mission and no landfall, uncertainty and a deep restlessness have spread throughout the ship; many of the crew are clamoring to get off and start a new life.  Though Captain Jean-Luc Picard has hung onto his position despite the pressures, his power and influence have seriously declined.  The time is ripe for mutiny---and then the ship picks up a steady, unidentified transmission that lures them to a nearby planet.

What the exploration team finds is a long-abandoned human colony. But deep within the planet's steamy jungles lies horrible evidence of its fate:  a cavernous chamber neatly filled with rows of skeletons, each hanging on its own hook. Haunted by what they've seen, Enterprise's Executive Council orders the ship to leave.

Soon after, something is sighted----an enormous starship, utterly nonhuman, mysteriously empty and dead in space. Faced with their first encounter with alien life, they have no choice but to explore it.  But are they entring a possible new habitable world.....or a trap that will cost them their lives?

Show Comments
BOOKMARK
Total Reading Time: 8 hours 25 minutes
toc Table of Contents
bookmark_border Bookmark Start Reading >
×


Reset to default

X
×
×

Install this webapp for easier offline reading: tap and then Add to home screen.