/story/151283/fire-and-magic-the-jadori-book-1/toc
Fire and Magic (The Jadori Book 1) | Penana
arrow_back
Fire and Magic (The Jadori Book 1)
more_vert share bookmark_border file_download
info_outline
format_color_text
toc
exposure_plus_1
coins
Search stories, writers or societies
Continue ReadingClear All
What Others Are ReadingRefresh
X
Never miss what's happening on Penana!
PG
Fire and Magic (The Jadori Book 1)
Susan McKenzie
Intro Table of Contents Top sponsors Comments (1)

I've been writing science fiction for a number of years now, but I noticed that the books I'd started reading were mostly fantasy. Time to switch and write my other favourite genre. I love magic and psychic abilities, so I've included both.

***

A girl who sees ghosts. A magic out of control. A group hellbent on destroying what they’re afraid of.

Maddie can see ghosts and for that she is sent to a mental institution. Maddie Johnson is sent to a mental institution because she talks to people who aren’t there. She insists that they’re ghosts. Just as she thinks she’s convinced the doctors that she is fine now, a dark-haired ghost with dreamy brown eyes rushes in and ruins everything.

She is sent to a halfway house that helps people with mental illness assimilate back into society. But then she hurts someone using magic she didn’t know she possessed. Now she has a new problem. She will have to learn to control her magic.

She discovers that the town has secrets of its own and there are people going missing. How far are people willing to go to destroy what they are afraid of? Maddie and her handsome spirit might just find out first-hand.

© 2024 Susan McKenzie. All rights reserved.

Show Comments
BOOKMARK
Total Reading Time: 2 hours 38 minutes
toc Table of Contents
No tags yet.
bookmark_border Bookmark Start Reading >
×


Reset to default

X
×
×

Install this webapp for easier offline reading: tap and then Add to home screen.