/story/150022/variant-s-fire-book-one/toc
Variant's Fire, Book One | Penana
arrow_back
Variant's Fire, Book One
more_vert share bookmark_border file_download
info_outline
format_color_text
toc
exposure_plus_1
coins
Search stories, writers or societies
Continue ReadingClear All
What Others Are ReadingRefresh
X
Never miss what's happening on Penana!
PG-13
Completed
Variant's Fire, Book One
Donald Lucas Hyatt The Th
Intro Table of Contents Top sponsors Comments (0)

Book Description:


Come Home, to where the Darkest Burning Pyre resides.

Come Home, to where the Pyre’s blaze guts the Abusers.

Come Home, to where the Pyre incinerates what remains.

Come Home, to where you belong.


            The year is 2035. It has been roughly two years since the Advent Virus infected every human on Earth. Most are asymptomatic carriers—they display no symptoms and are unhurt by the virus. Variants, on the other hand, are genetically enhanced by the virus and given almost supernatural abilities, previously considered to be only possible in comic books or cartoons. Meanwhile, a large minority of the world's population is ruthlessly killed by the virus, falling into comas and passing away.

            Alex Westsmith was abused as a child, alongside his younger brother, and his mother, at the hands of his father. The legal system failed Alex and his family, over and over, again and again. So, the teenager, armed with his Variant abilities, does what he must, scouring the city by night, hunting and killing those who abuse others. As the vigilante Pyre, alongside his best friend and computer hacker, Richard Caperno—who operates under the alias Reforger—Alex fights for those who would otherwise fall through the cracks of society.

            But when a ruthless new faction of radicals and terrorists abducts one of their classmates, will the Variant vigilante and his hacker ally be able to save her? Or will he have to helplessly watch abuse go unpunished yet again?

Show Comments
BOOKMARK
Total Reading Time: 6 hours 1 minute
toc Table of Contents
bookmark_border Bookmark Start Reading >
×


Reset to default

X
×
×

Install this webapp for easier offline reading: tap and then Add to home screen.