/story/14802/do-it-because-i-said-so-gary?v=mobile
"Do it because I said so, Gary." | Penana
arrow_back
"Do it because I said so, Gary."
more_vert share bookmark_border file_download
info_outline
format_color_text
toc
exposure_plus_1
coins
Search stories, writers or societies
Continue ReadingClear All
What Others Are ReadingRefresh
X
Never miss what's happening on Penana!
PG-13
"Do it because I said so, Gary."
SkyGuy_SoFly
Intro Table of Contents Top sponsors Comments (20)

       After Gary, an estranged and grizzled grandfather to fifteen grandchildren (possibly more), is pressured onto various social media sites by his daughter, Cindy, in order to keep him from "becoming too... disassociated". A few pictures of scenic Floridian beaches and posts complaining about the absurdity of modern day "Feminazis" later, he'd become very adjusted to the new social climate. In fact, he'd become quite passionate, taking photography  and writing mini essays and rants as a hobby and a part of daily life. Just as he'd become accustomed to his new hobby, he'd become very familiar with internet hate. Gary was constantly being bombarded with resentful direct messages touching on, no, pounding on the old man's posts for his very harsh and old fashioned perception of the world. It was only by his nature, while he wasn't blatantly racist (abandoning that brand of thinking when his only daughter married a young Black man, and his second oldest son married a Chinese woman while overseas with the Army. Then, after discovering that they were just as competent and human as any other white man, he grew to love them as he would love anyone of his own race.), he did practice a certain degree of "practical sexism", classism, a proneness to hypocrisy ( a byproduct of his old age),and a certain degree of derision for the youth, making him into a magnet for hate. But he didn't mind, he found a sort of comfort in his waning years to share his experiences and thoughts with his followers. The way he saw it, for every hater he had, there was five people who genuinely found his content insightful. But when a mysterious internet personality direct messages Gary, bringing up a long since forgotten secret of Gary's, the mystery sender puts Gary to the test to see how truly desperate he is to keep his secret under wraps.

Show Comments (1)
BOOKMARK
Total Reading Time: 23 minutes
toc Table of Contents
bookmark_border Bookmark Start Reading >
×


Reset to default

X
×
×

Install this webapp for easier offline reading: tap and then Add to home screen.