/story/133677/writing-practice-act-1/toc
Writing practice act#1 | Penana
arrow_back
Writing practice act#1
more_vert share bookmark_border
info_outline
format_color_text
toc
exposure_plus_1
coins
Search stories, writers or societies
Continue ReadingClear All
What Others Are ReadingRefresh
X
Never miss what's happening on Penana!
PG
Submission Closed
Writing practice act#1
TheCaruto
Challengers:
Judging: Community Vote
Prompt Entries Comments (0)

Welcome to our writing program! Today, we are going to explore a unique storytelling technique that is quite popular in Asian writing, particularly in mangas, light novels, and other forms of Asian media. It's called kishotenketsu, and I'll explain it using a traffic light analogy.



Think of the Green light as the beginning, where you introduce the characters who will play a role in the story. Then, the Yellow light represents a slowdown in the narrative, allowing for character development. Explore what makes each character who they are, why they made certain choices, and what challenges they may face in the near future—the calm before the storm.

Finally, the Red light signifies the climax of the story. The problem has arrived, and it's up to the characters to confront and deal with it. What will the outcome be? It's an exciting moment of tension and resolution.

To practice and improve your skills, I encourage you to write a short story using this kishotenketsu writing style. Remember, practice makes perfect, and you can also learn a lot from reading the works of others. Never forget the value of continuous learning!

Show Comments
BOOKMARK
Total Reading Time: 12 minutes
toc Entries
bookmark_border Bookmark Start Reading >
×


Reset to default

X
×
×

Install this webapp for easier offline reading: tap and then Add to home screen.