/story/130957/cold-ruthless-player-1/toc
Cold(Ruthless Player#1) | Penana
arrow_back
Cold(Ruthless Player#1)
more_vert share bookmark_border file_download
info_outline
format_color_text
toc
exposure_plus_1
coins
Search stories, writers or societies
Continue ReadingClear All
What Others Are ReadingRefresh
X
Never miss what's happening on Penana!
G
Cold(Ruthless Player#1)
Author Ashley Kyle
Intro Table of Contents Top sponsors Comments (0)

 Nick stalks towards me like a predator who has cornered his prey. And right now I very much feel like one. I scrambled up on the bed, he followed. Prowling until he is plastered against me, with the headboard digging into my back. I was entirely at his mercy. 

    There was no place for me to run. No place for me to hide, I'm trapped. He lifted his hand and slowly, leisurely stroked my face. From my brow to my chin, he rubbed my lips with his thumb,I trembled. 

       “You're shaking Andrea, why's that?” I tried to speak but no words were able to come forth, it seems my ability to speak had abandoned me.

     “You have nothing to fear from me. I just want to know one thing, who sent you?” 

       “No one, I swear … I didn't.. I don't know what you are talking about Nick.” He tsked, he didn't believe me. Of course he didn't. He's smarter than that. Nicklaus Montgomery didn't become one of the richest, most influential people in the world by being stupid. Even I could hear the lie in my voice, I'd always been a horrible liar. 

    “You don't know how hard I'm trying to control myself right now. So do yourself a favor and answer my questions honestly. Maybe I could try not to call the police and have you arrested and we could find a way to work things out between us.” His voice was calm,he was not shouting as I expected anyone in his position would be. 

    He's not even visibly angry. That hard face with his dark cold eyes was blank, there's nothing on his face. I couldn't read him. And that more than anything made me tremble,I was scared, terrified even. Tears flowed down my face, his hand kept stroking me. My throat was so dry. I needed water to moisten my mouth. 

     “Please Nick.” I begged, not knowing what I was begging for. Was it mercy? Forgiveness? Or for him to let me go? Maybe it was all three, but I wasn't stupid to think he'd let me leave. Just like that. How did everything fall apart in a space of a few hours? Last night Nick had rocked my world into its axis, he'd irrevocably changed me forever. Last night I was in his embrace, on this very bed. So sore and completely sated. Now I'm a suspect or to put it aptly a criminal is more likely. I didn't know how the tables had done a 360 degrees turn and landed me here or more precisely now. 

   I wasn't a victim, I knew what I was getting myself into, and even with his frightening reputation I'd waltz right into his world. Right now I was questioning my sanity, because any sane person would have turned down this proposition. What was I thinking when I'd agree to do this dangerous job for Jules? To be fair I wasn't thinking, I only wanted to rid myself of Jericho at the time. I swallow a lump and pray my body gets found If I never escape this situation. 


     


Show Comments
BOOKMARK
Total Reading Time: 52 minutes
toc Table of Contents
bookmark_border Bookmark Start Reading >
×


Reset to default

X
×
×

Install this webapp for easier offline reading: tap and then Add to home screen.