/story/1168/monsters-and-marvels?v=mobile
Monsters and Marvels | Penana
arrow_back
Monsters and Marvels
more_vert share bookmark_border
info_outline
format_color_text
toc
exposure_plus_1
coins
Search stories, writers or societies
Continue ReadingClear All
What Others Are ReadingRefresh
X
Never miss what's happening on Penana!
G
Submission Closed
Monsters and Marvels
Ramen Noodles
Challengers:
Judging: Community Vote
Prompt Entries Comments (2)

For this contest writers are tasked with writing either stories and poems that contain both elements of contrary forces but complement each other, like light and darkness, or life and death. You are free to interpret the meaning of "Monsters" and "Marvels" anyway you as the writer wish. Monsters can be a creature, an evil thought or feeling, an object of evil, a paranormal presence, etc. Marvels can be sensations or curiosities, a creature of extraordinary presence, the strength of a human's spirit, a physical object of radiant beauty, etc. 

Each entry should include both a monster and a marvel—though “monster” and “marvel” may refer to same element of your entry. Like darkness and light, Yin and Yang, monsters and marvels are two sides of the same coin. The theme for this contest invites open interpretation: are monsters physical manifestations of evil, or will you write about the internal demons that plague us all? Marvels: fantastic bestiary creatures, or the resilience of human spirit? Enjoy! 

Inspired by Spark: A Creative Anthropology

Show Comments
BOOKMARK
Total Reading Time: 11 minutes
toc Entries
No tags yet.
bookmark_border Bookmark Start Reading >
×


Reset to default

X
×
×

Install this webapp for easier offline reading: tap and then Add to home screen.