/story/113091/the-first-man/toc
The First MAN | Penana
arrow_back
The First MAN
more_vert share bookmark_border file_download
info_outline
format_color_text
toc
exposure_plus_1
coins
Search stories, writers or societies
Continue ReadingClear All
What Others Are ReadingRefresh
X
Never miss what's happening on Penana!
G
Completed
The First MAN
Crumbsley
Intro Table of Contents Top sponsors Comments (0)

And he approached them, dressed in all white, draping his quarts white skin but he comes faceless no expression held he asks them a question.

“I’d like to know who I am”
he asked the people who he was sure would have the answer
they replied to him in unison, in one ever grand voice, and said “you, are, nothing”
An answer that came across as a shock to him but had no malicious intent from them
“Not just because you were created to be nothing but because you were made with no purpose in mind”
“so why do I exist, why create me just so I can feel lonely, feel NOTHING!”
“you were created to choose, Faceless, Nameless, Jobless, Worthless, Harmless, Harmful, Resentful, Lovable, Unlikeable, Hateful, you can be anything, that’s why you are nothing”
“……….”
Tears fall, from a face that has never smiled, from a face that has never sobbed over poured milk, from a face that has never cried.
It doesn’t understand the sensation, what muscles are moving and why water is falling from his oval-shaped face with no eyes.
He falls to his clear white knees and continues to bawl, he screams from a mouth he doesn’t have, yelling at his creators, throwing profanities he’s never heard before at the people that claim to parent his creation.
Forced to realize and lament his innate worth was zero he stops his tears, and his pure white face dries off leaving nothing, not even a trace of fear, hate, or disdain towards his creators.
‘Why?’ why should he not hate the people that made him empty, that gave him nothing ‘Why’, why….

Because of the sole reason he is empty for him being pure white, for him being nothing, not even a man not even a woman, means he can be filled. This meant his capacity for growth wasn’t tied down to a finite unit, wasn’t restrained or withheld, it was limitless.

He walked away, leaving his creators who had given him nothing but one thing at departure he left with emotion.

-Infinity being grasped in the latent capabilities of man


Show Comments
BOOKMARK
Total Reading Time: 2 minutes
toc Table of Contents
bookmark_border Bookmark Start Reading >
×


Reset to default

X
×
×

Install this webapp for easier offline reading: tap and then Add to home screen.