We pledge to meet fully, and where possible exceed, in complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong). In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.Types of Personal Information Collected
Personal information means any information that is related to an identified person, or that may be used to identify an individual. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
For the purpose of carrying on our business, including registration and administration of our website and related products and services (including relevant online services), we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us. T
- echnical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses, education and profession; hobbies and leisure activities; Other related products and services subscribed to; and Family and household demographics.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- to allow you to sign in to your account
- to allow you to interact with other users
- to process payments and payouts
- to send merchandise to your shipping address
- to send you emails relevant to your usage, as controlled by your email preferences
- to send you emails that may interest you, as controlled by your email preferences
- to reply to your questions
- to provide to you existing and enhanced services related to your Penana account
- to verify your identity to comply with applicable laws
- to promote your Penana account for greater discoverability
- to understand how you use the service and create better tools for users
- to conduct research and development to improve Penana and develop future products
- to prevent fraud and abuse on Penana
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.How We Use Your Information
We uses the collected data for various purposes such as:
Penana discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Penana’s behalf or to provide services available at Penana’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Penana’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. In addition, in some cases we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Penana or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Penana goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquiror of Penana may continue to use your personal and non-personal information only as set forth in this policy. Otherwise, Penana will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone.
Other than to its employees, contractors, service providers and affiliated organizations, as described above, Penana discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when Penana believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Penana, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a Penana website and have supplied your email address, Penana may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Penana and its products. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Penana takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
You should also be aware that some elements of User Information are made available to other users (e.g., if you publish information to your public profile). If you submit information to our web site such as “stories”, “comments”, “discussion” or “idea exchange”, such information will be visible to other users, meaning that you lose any privacy rights you might have with regards to that information. Such disclosures may also increase your chances of receiving unwanted communications.Cookies
We will take reasonable steps to insure that all data collected is accurate, complete and timely for the purposes for which they are to be used. We urge you to check your profile regularly to insure that such information is accurate, complete and timely. If you wish to get your data deleted from our records, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.Account deletion
We welcome comments and questions on this policy. As stated above, we are dedicated to protecting your privacy, and we will make every reasonable effort to keep your information secure. Questions regarding our policy should be directed via e-mail (email@example.com)
Penana reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Penana reserves the right to make the final decision in case of any disputes.
Updated May 2022